LaPorte Moving & Storage is a Richmond based moving company, looking for some great people to join our team.
Our successful candidate will have a good communication style, easy-going personality and can take instructions away while working with little supervision. It is a physical job and will require you to work both indoors and outdoors in varying climates. This is a seasonal industry but with our diversified business we will stay consistently busy through the winter.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Moving packed boxes, furniture and other personal effects between the home and the truck.
- Carefully load and unload packed boxes, furniture, and other personal effects on /from the truck.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of the moving truck as directed by the lead Driver.
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture at pick-up and delivery points as required.
We are looking for the following experience and qualifications:
- Proven experience in a similar moving position; minimum 1-year experience preferred
- Ability to lift, carry, and unload heavy objects in a safe and ergonomic manner
LaPorte Moving & Storage is a family owned and operated organization with over 60 years of business. We are offering many opportunities to develop and take on other positions across all areas of our company. If you like variety in your work, job growth, or have an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to hear from you.
Remuneration will be based on experience as per the industry average of $18 – $20 per hour for swamper and $23 – $25 per hour for Class 5 driver.
Send to: Dispatch@LaPorteMoving.com
Must include current contact information
Moving industry specific experience and references